PDA

View Full Version : Puzzlephone - reliable, repairable & upgradable

fazil
06-22-2015, 11:15 PM
PuzzlePhone is the modular smartphone designed by a Finnish company "Circular Devices". With PuzzlePhone you obtain a reliable and easily upgradable device that can be easily repaired by the end-user.

Three easily replaceable and customizable modules allow to upgrade and change PuzzlePhone accordingly to your needs.

The main concept of PuzzlePhone is

1. The Spine - Spine is the estructure of the device which will be available in different sizes and materials. It holds the display and all the electronics with longer lifespan.

2. The Brain - Brian contains the main electronics, those with shorter lifecycle like CPU, GPU, RAM, storage and rear camera.

3. The Heart - Heart holds the secondary set of electronics and a battery which can be developed according to user needs

Please check the below URL to know more about PuzzlePhone.

http://www.modularphonesforum.com/tag/puzzlephone/

sherlyn
06-26-2015, 12:28 AM
PuzzlePhone is the modular smartphone designed by a Finnish company "Circular Devices". With PuzzlePhone you obtain a reliable and easily upgradable device that can be easily repaired by the end-user.

Three easily replaceable and customizable modules allow to upgrade and change PuzzlePhone accordingly to your needs.

1. The Spine - Spine is the estructure of the device which will be available in different sizes and materials. It holds the display and all the electronics with longer lifespan.

2. The Brain - Brian contains the main electronics, those with shorter lifecycle like CPU, GPU, RAM, storage and rear camera.

3. The Heart - Heart holds the secondary set of electronics and a battery which can be developed according to user needs

Is it just me or does anyone think that puzzlephone is more visually appealing than ara! :confused:

chris
06-28-2015, 10:49 PM
Is it just me or does anyone think that puzzlephone is more visually appealing than ara! :confused:

I agree with you, it is more visually appealing than ara :cool:

fazil
06-29-2015, 11:07 PM
Yes, I do agree with you. It's bit more enchanting than ara for sure.

sherlyn
07-01-2015, 12:08 PM

True that technology reaching it's peak :)

johnson
07-02-2015, 10:35 PM
It's an user's dream where they can customize the hardware as easily as a software :cool:

sanjay
07-05-2015, 10:22 AM

You are right. I do like puzzlephone better than ara. It looks :cool:

riyaz
07-08-2015, 12:52 PM
I too agree with everyone, definitely puzzlephone looks better than ara.

bob
07-14-2015, 11:17 PM
The repairable part is the one which attracts me more.

fazil
07-17-2015, 10:51 AM
The repairable part is the one which attracts me more.

Yes, it is one of the major plus point of the puzzlephone.

riyaz
07-21-2015, 06:58 AM
Do anyone think that puzzlephone might challenge ara?

chris
07-21-2015, 07:51 AM
I don't think that puzzle phone can challenge project ara because ara is completely customizable compared to puzzlephone.

johnson
07-27-2015, 12:56 PM

Both ara and puzzlephone has their own advantages and disadvantages. But practically speaking ara is better than puzzlephone considering its features.

sanjay
08-05-2015, 01:01 PM

I personally feel puzzlephone is more reliable compared to ara.

techgeek
08-31-2015, 06:48 AM

We will have an answer for this only after the release of both the phones.

johnson
09-18-2015, 07:08 PM
PuzzlePhone is hoping to tackle the problem of a “broken windshield” by providing not only reusable parts but also ones with longer lifespan.

mopo
09-24-2015, 02:50 PM
Very reliable phone with great lifespan and powerful processor.

Max
12-10-2015, 10:18 AM

Does the Puzzlephone have notification led like many other phones releasing lately?

fazil
12-17-2015, 05:36 AM
Does the Puzzlephone have notification led like many other phones releasing lately?

No, Puzzlephone does not have notification LED.

sherlyn
12-28-2015, 09:12 AM
No, Puzzlephone does not have notification LED.

I'm not much a fan of notification LED. Glad they didn't add it.

johnson
03-31-2016, 10:56 AM
I'm not much a fan of notification LED. Glad they didn't add it.

I agree with you. I hate notification led especially at night times. It bothers me very much.

Max
04-15-2016, 06:07 PM
I agree with you. I hate notification led especially at night times. It bothers me very much.

According to me, the notification led is a very useful feature.