Thread: Android KitKat 4.4 coming soon on Fairphone 1

Android KitKat 4.4 coming soon on Fairphone 1

As mentioned in their blog, Fairphone 1 users will receive the KitKat 4.4 update soon. Really need to appreciate the efforts taken by their software team.

Good news for Fairphone 1 users. But not sure about when it is going to get released.

Expecting for the update.

Exactly when they plan to release the update?

Still there is no news about the update?

Quote Originally Posted by alankilpatrick View Post
    Still there is no news about the update?
    A month has passed since the deadline and we are in October now. Not sure when they going to release the update.

Quote Originally Posted by bob View Post
    A month has passed since the deadline and we are in October now. Not sure when they going to release the update.
    It's been a long time. At least they need to provide an update on the status.

I think they are focusing on Fairphone 2 now, so they didn't care much about the FP1 users.

Quote Originally Posted by bob View Post
    I think they are focusing on Fairphone 2 now, so they didn't care much about the FP1 users.
    This is the problem with most of the android devices. Users need to wait for a long time for an update.

This is the problem with most of the android devices. Users need to wait for a long time for an update.
    But I never expect this from Fairphone. I thought they would keep up their promise as they are different from other manufacturers.

I have seen in the past how FairPhone can postpone for months and months. It is such a shame.

Fairphone proved that they are no different from other manufacturers. No updates so far. Highly disappointed.

It just seems to be an eyewash. They never going to release the update.

It just seems to be an eyewash. They never going to release the update.
    Yeah there is no use of waiting any more as already most of the users moved to other brands.