Thread: Old ARA vs New ARA

Old ARA vs New ARA

As everyone knows that the ARA community has been split into two sides as some of them are supporting the old version of ARA and some are supporting the new version. Each side has the valid point to support the cases. I myself personally like the old version but that doesn't mean I hate the new one. Many of them been amazed by the creative concept of both the ARA types. I wish it would be great if Google releases both the version. The old version of ARA for young generation tech savvy people and new version for people who doesn't like to change the core modules.

Quote Originally Posted by sanjay View Post
    As everyone knows that the ARA community has been split into two sides as some of them are supporting the old version of ARA and some are supporting the new version. Each side has the valid point to support the cases. I myself personally like the old version but that doesn't mean I hate the new one. Many of them been amazed by the creative concept of both the ARA types. I wish it would be great if Google releases both the version. The old version of ARA for young generation tech savvy people and new version for people who doesn't like to change the core modules.
    People need to realize that there are more complications involved with changing the processor and the ram. First of all you have to build the os which is compatible to work with any processor you can buy, and you need to make sure that the processor supports all the modules you have installed, and also to have a cost effective designing and manufacturing. At present google decided not to invest millions in building swappable processors as modular phones didn't have a huge market as far as now. We just need to wait couple more years to see what they come up with.

Quote Originally Posted by techgeek View Post
    People need to realize that there are more complications involved with changing the processor and the ram. First of all you have to build the os which is compatible to work with any processor you can buy, and you need to make sure that the processor supports all the modules you have installed, and also to have a cost effective designing and manufacturing. At present google decided not to invest millions in building swappable processors as modular phones didn't have a huge market as far as now. We just need to wait couple more years to see what they come up with.
    I appreciate your view. Google already pointed out that they are highly capable of making the processor modular but they realize that there wasn't a market demand for it right now.

Quote Originally Posted by sanjay View Post
    I like your idea. But unfortunately I don't think Google release both the version. It's highly impossible.

That's a fact everyone should accept. I still wish Google to release both the versions.

Quote Originally Posted by fazil View Post
    I like your idea. But unfortunately I don't think Google release both the version. It's highly impossible.
    I understand that it is not easy to release both versions. I just wish it could happen.

Quote Originally Posted by anderson View Post
    I appreciate your view. Google already pointed out that they are highly capable of making the processor modular but they realize that there wasn't a market demand for it right now.
    Where did Google mentioned that?

Quote Originally Posted by gladiator View Post
    Where did Google mentioned that?
    In the interview with C|net, Rafa Camargo mentioned that the technology to swap out processors and radios still exists. “We have the capabilities to do that, so things will evolve.” Below is the link for your reference.

http://www.cnet.com/news/google-proj...odular-phones/

In the interview with C|net, Rafa Camargo mentioned that the technology to swap out processors and radios still exists. “We have the capabilities to do that, so things will evolve.” Below is the link for your reference.

http://www.cnet.com/news/google-proj...odular-phones/
    Thanks for the reference link. So, Let's hope for full modularity in future.

Quote Originally Posted by gladiator View Post
    Thanks for the reference link. So, Let's hope for full modularity in future.
    Yes, I feel the same way. Hope for the best.

I completely agree with your point. Instead of complaining, we need to wait and see what they are up to.

Quote Originally Posted by Max View Post
    I completely agree with your point. Instead of complaining, we need to wait and see what they are up to.
    Thanks. As I said earlier, Google decided to start making revenue instead of investing in an enthusiast phone.

My best hope is that it will evolve to full modular. But now I have a Nexus 6p and it is vary good and I plan to keep it for as long as I can or until ARA become full modular.

Quote Originally Posted by oll View Post
    My best hope is that it will evolve to full modular. But now I have a Nexus 6p and it is vary good and I plan to keep it for as long as I can or until ARA become full modular.
    That's great. But, I think you need to wait for a long time.

I was really expecting for a swappable CPU module. It's a big letdown for me.

Quote Originally Posted by bob View Post
    I was really expecting for a swappable CPU module. It's a big letdown for me.
    I understand your frustration, but there is nothing much we can do. Just need to wait and see whether that happens in future.

I understand your frustration, but there is nothing much we can do. Just need to wait and see whether that happens in future.
    Yes, but I can't wait anymore as I lost interest in it.

Quote Originally Posted by bob View Post
    Yes, but I can't wait anymore as I lost interest in it.
    Most of the Ara fans feel the same.