Thread: Fairphone 2 launched in UK

Fairphone 2 launched in UK

Fairphone 2 has successfully launched in the UK, at a cost of 395. The Fairphone 2 aims to challenge the "throwaway" nature of consumer electronics and ever-shorter product cycles.

Fairphone 2 is a successful sequel to the world's first ethical smartphone. It has been co-designed with London design agency Seymourpowell.

Fairphone 2 is powered by a Snapdragon 801 processor, with 2 GB RAM and 32 GB internal storage, plus a microSD slot for expansion. It runs on Android 5.1 Lollipop. It has an IPS display of 1,920 x 1,080 resolution (about 441 PPI), and there's LTE connectivity on board as well as dual SIM card slots. That's a big jump up over the original 2013 handset, but these still aren't quite top-shelf specs, sitting roughly in line with what we'd expect from an early 2014 flagship.

Quote Originally Posted by anderson View Post
    Fairphone 2 is powered by a Snapdragon 801 processor, with 2 GB RAM and 32 GB internal storage, plus a microSD slot for expansion. It runs on Android 5.1 Lollipop. It has an IPS display of 1,920 x 1,080 resolution (about 441 PPI), and there's LTE connectivity on board as well as dual SIM card slots. That's a big jump up over the original 2013 handset, but these still aren't quite top-shelf specs, sitting roughly in line with what we'd expect from an early 2014 flagship.
    I think the specs is more than enough for a normal user.

Quite a normal flagship specs for an ethical device. Kudos to Fairphone team for using conflict free minerals.

The Founder and Chief Executive of Fairphone, Bas Van Abel said that “We are excited about the potential this phone has to change the electronics industry and the way products are made. Almost 15,000 Fairphone 2 buyers have already voted with their wallets for a fairer, more sustainable economy and with the phone starting delivery in the next month, we believe the movement will grow."

Is there anyone from UK on here purchased the fairphone?

Quote Originally Posted by techgeek View Post
    Is there anyone from UK on here purchased the fairphone?
    I'm from UK but I didn't purchased it. One of my friend purchased Fairphone2 and he loved it. Most reliable and easily repairable phone with some good specifications.

Quote Originally Posted by bob View Post
    I'm from UK but I didn't purchased it. One of my friend purchased Fairphone2 and he loved it. Most reliable and easily repairable phone with some good specifications.
    That's nice. Did your friend happy with the performance of the fairphone?

Quote Originally Posted by techgeek View Post
    That's nice. Did your friend happy with the performance of the fairphone?
    Yes he is quite happy with the performance of the device.

Yes he is quite happy with the performance of the device.
    Oh fine. Hope the device performs well for a longer period.

What about the display? What is it's PPI? Does it looks clear and sharp?

Quote Originally Posted by sanjay View Post
    It's a 5 inch Full HD display with a pixel density of 446 ppi and yes the display looks clear and sharp.

It's a 5 inch Full HD display with a pixel density of 446 ppi and yes the display looks clear and sharp.
    That's great. It is a good indication that the screen looks better.

Quote Originally Posted by sanjay View Post
    There is nothing to complain about the display. Fairphone has great display with decent PPI