Thread: Any front modules on ara?

Any front modules on ara?

How do the front side of the ara look like? Does it have any modules on the front?

Max unfortunately the answer is no. For me ARA lost the thru FULL modular original design with this new edition. I consider it now FOOBAR and no longer waiting to buy one. All ready order another smart phone. The dream of a FULL modular phone is lost.

Quote Originally Posted by Max View Post
    How do the front side of the ara look like? Does it have any modules on the front?
    The front will always be just a screen. It is part of the frame, as are the rest of the core-components.

-google-ara-io-2016-verge-front-jpg

Quote Originally Posted by oll View Post
    Max unfortunately the answer is no. For me ARA lost the thru FULL modular original design with this new edition. I consider it now FOOBAR and no longer waiting to buy one. All ready order another smart phone. The dream of a FULL modular phone is lost.
    I understand your frustration. It seems ARA is not a modular phone anymore.

Project Ara is still modular, mot less modular than we expected earlier. I believe that it was right decision to implement core components, like screen and CPU, into base frame. The Ara phone will be more robust this way

Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    Project Ara is still modular, mot less modular than we expected earlier. I believe that it was right decision to implement core components, like screen and CPU, into base frame. The Ara phone will be more robust this way
    I got it. Anyhow disappointed with the new version.