View Poll Results: Wich ARA you like more?

Voters
7. You may not vote on this poll
  • Original FULL modular design

5 71.43%
  • The new HALF modular 2016 edition

2 28.57%

Thread: Full Modular concept lost with the new ARA edition

Full Modular concept lost with the new ARA edition

The concept of a full modular smart phone is lost with new edition presented in Google I/O and now in the updated ARA home page. The base is now a full smart phone as described in the web page so if you get a broken front screen you can not replace it because they remove the front slots from the original design, the same apply to the CPU, GPU, antennas, sensors and battery. So ARA is no more in the line with the original full modular idea from phoneblocks. I'm disappointed by this decision from ATAP. I was waiting for a FULL modular phone in 2016, so now I'm going for Nexus or Samsung and see what happen with ARA in 2017 or maybe 2018 or maybe 2019 yes they are to slow and changing the original idea to much now and may end as a FOOBAR. So bad for ATAP.
    Last edited by oll; 05-27-2016 at 04:31 PM.

Google has to understand that we don't need key components to be baked into the frame of the phone. We want the full modular version which has been advertised before.

I still think that Ara is and will be the best modular phone we can get

The original idea of phoneblocks is dead. R.I.P.

I know it's hard but Ara fans need to understand that it is not an end. We might get what we truly want in the future. Now our only choice is try to adopt to google's version.