Thread: First modular case for smartphones

First modular case for smartphones

A company named "MODR" has recently announced world's smartest modular case. It allows users to personalize their smartphone and tablet with interchangeable modules and lenses, while staying powered up with wireless charging.

-modr-white-speakers-jpg

Read more about it here

Adding different lens to the phone's camera is really a good feature.

Wow the modular case has so many features. Not sure about the weight though!

It is indeed the world's smartest modular case for sure. The case provides various useful functions. Adding different lens is definitely an innovative feature.

Quote Originally Posted by anderson View Post
    A company named "MODR" has recently announced world's smartest modular case. It allows users to personalize their smartphone and tablet with interchangeable modules and lenses, while staying powered up with wireless charging.

-modr-white-speakers-jpg

Read more about it here
    X-Port expansion is the best of all

All the lenses can be quickly attached and removed without power or any software

One of the best modular case for smartphones. I especially like the micro sd reader since most phones now seem to be trending toward the apple practice of non expandable storage.

Quote Originally Posted by bob View Post
    One of the best modular case for smartphones. I especially like the micro sd reader since most phones now seem to be trending toward the apple practice of non expandable storage.

Yes, it will be really helpful for people who are looking for additional memory.

It's a powerful modular case which comes with an outstanding features. I love the external speaker which can also be used to charge the phone.
    Last edited by sherlyn; 08-05-2015 at 02:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sherlyn View Post
    It's a powerful modular case which comes with an outstanding features. I love the external speaker which can also be used to charge the phone.
    It's an innovative idea to add battery pack in bluetooth speakers. It is a very useful feature for power hungry smartphones.

Quote Originally Posted by anderson View Post
    It's an innovative idea to add battery pack in bluetooth speakers. It is a very useful feature for power hungry smartphones.
    Yes, it's indeed an innovative idea which reduces the battery related issues for the users.

Unfortunately MODR crowdfunding campaign at Indiegogo failed to reach the target of $70,000. Lets hope they won't stop their efforts to bring this case into life

Here are some more photos of MODR concept:

-modr-white-wireless-jpg-modr-jpg-modr_case_modules-png-modr_lenses-png-modr_x-port_expansion-png-modr-white-lenses-jpg-modr-white-speakers-jpg

Quote Originally Posted by MF Admin View Post
    Unfortunately MODR crowdfunding campaign at Indiegogo failed to reach the target of $70,000. Lets hope they won't stop their efforts to bring this case into life
    It's bad that they couldn't able to reach the required target but hope they continue their efforts like you mentioned.

I was amazed by the features offered by this case. MODR team has done a great job.

This case has got some cool features. But it is very unfortunate that they couldn't able to reach half of their target.

I'm impressed with this case as it offers lot of features especially the wide angle lens for the phone camera.

Even-though this case offers many features, it doesn't look much attractive. Nexpaq case looks better than MODR.

Quote Originally Posted by techgeek View Post
    Even-though this case offers many features, it doesn't look much attractive. Nexpaq case looks better than MODR.
    May be that's the reason they failed to reach the required target in the crowdfunding. The design is way better in nexpaq.

Quote Originally Posted by mopo View Post
    May be that's the reason they failed to reach the required target in the crowdfunding. The design is way better in nexpaq.
    Yeah it may be one of the reason but still there are other factors too.

I personally think MODR offers better features and I quite like the design too.

The disadvantage of MODR is that it doesn't provide an option to other developers to create their own modules. Nexpaq has such option.

The disadvantage of MODR is that it doesn't provide an option to other developers to create their own modules. Nexpaq has such option.
    Yes, it is the biggest disadvantage of MODR.

Do the company have any idea to provide this option to developers in future?

Quote Originally Posted by riyaz View Post
    Do the company have any idea to provide this option to developers in future?
    I don't think they provide such option to developers in future.

Quote Originally Posted by techgeek View Post
    I don't think they provide such option to developers in future.
    Then that must be a big disadvantage for them. They need to consider providing the option to the developers like their competitors did.

Canít believe there hasnít been more support for this. The amount of useless crap Iíve seen achieve funding, like yet another set of headphones, or another multi-connection charge cable etc, yet something new and useful gets ignored. Sad.

Quote Originally Posted by alankilpatrick View Post
    Can’t believe there hasn’t been more support for this. The amount of useless crap I’ve seen achieve funding, like yet another set of headphones, or another multi-connection charge cable etc, yet something new and useful gets ignored. Sad.
    I too feel bad for them

What are all the models this case supports?

Quote Originally Posted by alankilpatrick View Post
    What are all the models this case supports?
    Samsung Galaxy S4
    Samsung Galaxy S5
    Samsung Galaxy S6
    Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge (Unlocked with stretch goal #1)
    Samsung Galaxy Note 4

Future stretch goal models are:
    iPhone 6/6+
    LG G3
    LG G4
    OnePlus One
    Droid Turbo
    Moto X
    Moto G
    Moto E
    HTC One M7
    HTC One M8