Thread: Why have Modular Smartphones Failed?

Why have Modular Smartphones Failed?

What do Project ARA, LG G5, Moto Z and Fairphone have in common? None of them were very successful. Why? - The Story Behind

Modular phones aren't taking off because Apple hasn't made one yet. Sad, but true.

Quote Originally Posted by fazil View Post
    What do Project ARA, LG G5, Moto Z and Fairphone have in common? None of them were very successful. Why? - The Story Behind

I don't agree with his opinion about Moto Z Force being a failed device. I like the battery pack which gives 2 days of extreme use.
    Last edited by chris; 06-18-2017 at 11:46 PM.

I wouldn't say that modular phones failed, just Google gave up on Project Ara. However, Google gives up on many its projects...

Let's hope that small startups will finally realize the idea of modular phone It may take some time, though...

Quote Originally Posted by MF Admin View Post
    I wouldn't say that modular phones failed, just Google gave up on Project Ara. However, Google gives up on many its projects...

Let's hope that small startups will finally realize the idea of modular phone It may take some time, though...
    You are right. I do think the same.

I would've absolutely loved the option to replace a battery with one with more mah, as well as upgrade ram.

Phoneblocks would have been cool though. All of their parts look pretty replaceable. Not a phone for everybody, but a phone i would've loved to see.