Thread: First modular smartwatch "Blocks" - countless blocks of cutting-edge technology

First modular smartwatch "Blocks" - countless blocks of cutting-edge technology

The company "Blocks Wearables" is designing a unique Modular Smartwatch called "Blocks". The company says that they were inspired by Google’s own Project Ara modular smartphone idea.

Users can customize the smartwatch with interchangeable components and make it as an unique wearable device.

The company is working hard on this project and hopefully they plan to release it by the end of 2015.

To know more about "Blocks Smartwatch", please check here

It was really an interesting concept for a smartwatch

Another innovative concept similar to Ara. Seems Blocks is developing various useful modules like health sensor, fingerprint sensor, NFC chip for contactless payments, flashlight, kinetic charging, extra battery, SIM port, etc..,

Quote Originally Posted by johnson View Post
    Another innovative concept similar to Ara. Seems Blocks is developing various useful modules like health sensor, fingerprint sensor, NFC chip for contactless payments, flashlight, kinetic charging, extra battery, SIM port, etc..,
    yes, the modules are quite useful and the biggest plus is the sustainability and customisation.

Quote Originally Posted by anderson View Post
    yes, the modules are quite useful and the biggest plus is the sustainability and customisation.
    modular concept seems to make a lot of sense here.

After desktops, laptops, smartphones, tablets, now it is smartwaches.

Quote Originally Posted by jones View Post
    After desktops, laptops, smartphones, tablets, now it is smartwaches.
    Yes you are right, technology has evolved a lot

Quote Originally Posted by anderson View Post
    The company "Blocks Wearables" is designing a unique Modular Smartwatch called "Blocks". The company says that they were inspired by Google’s own Project Ara modular smartphone idea.

Users can customize the smartwatch with interchangeable components and make it as an unique wearable device.

The company is working hard on this project and hopefully they plan to release it by the end of 2015.

To know more about "Blocks Smartwatch", please check here
    The future of smartwatches is definitely going to be blocks

The company has developed three types of screens for the blocks.

1. Rectangular screen

2. Circular screen

3. E-Ink screen

Users can pick their own screen according to their wish.

It also has the microphone to control the smartwatch with our voice, giving the capability of saving voice notes, replying to messages on the go or even simply asking to call a contact.

Quote Originally Posted by chris View Post
    It also has the microphone to control the smartwatch with our voice, giving the capability of saving voice notes, replying to messages on the go or even simply asking to call a contact.
    I really like the feature that we can reply to the messages on the go.

Blocks also has another interesting feature called gesture control which tracks your palm and finger movements, allowing you to snap, flick or wave your way through presentations or even games

Quote Originally Posted by fazil View Post
    Blocks also has another interesting feature called gesture control which tracks your palm and finger movements, allowing you to snap, flick or wave your way through presentations or even games
    Wow that's really a cool feature.

I really like the concept of this Block modular smart watch. I am waiting for this watch.
    I have found that they are going to launch the Crowdfunding on Kickstarter on 13th October. I hope the product will be in the market very soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Talukdar View Post
    I really like the concept of this Block modular smart watch. I am waiting for this watch.
    I have found that they are going to launch the Crowdfunding on Kickstarter on 13th October. I hope the product will be in the market very soon.
    It is indeed an interesting concept. Looking forward for the launch.

I myself really looking forward for the crowdfunding launch tomorrow.

This is taking way too long now - 36 updates with failed promises. We'll probably get it ... in 2018