Thread: Puzzlephone - reliable, repairable & upgradable

Puzzlephone - reliable, repairable & upgradable

PuzzlePhone is the modular smartphone designed by a Finnish company "Circular Devices". With PuzzlePhone you obtain a reliable and easily upgradable device that can be easily repaired by the end-user.

Three easily replaceable and customizable modules allow to upgrade and change PuzzlePhone accordingly to your needs.

The main concept of PuzzlePhone is

1. The Spine - Spine is the estructure of the device which will be available in different sizes and materials. It holds the display and all the electronics with longer lifespan.

2. The Brain - Brian contains the main electronics, those with shorter lifecycle like CPU, GPU, RAM, storage and rear camera.

3. The Heart
    - Heart holds the secondary set of electronics and a battery which can be developed according to user needs

Please check the below URL to know more about PuzzlePhone.

http://www.modularphonesforum.com/tag/puzzlephone/
    Last edited by fazil; 06-23-2015 at 08:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by fazil View Post
    PuzzlePhone is the modular smartphone designed by a Finnish company "Circular Devices". With PuzzlePhone you obtain a reliable and easily upgradable device that can be easily repaired by the end-user.

Three easily replaceable and customizable modules allow to upgrade and change PuzzlePhone accordingly to your needs.

1. The Spine - Spine is the estructure of the device which will be available in different sizes and materials. It holds the display and all the electronics with longer lifespan.

2. The Brain - Brian contains the main electronics, those with shorter lifecycle like CPU, GPU, RAM, storage and rear camera.

3. The Heart
    - Heart holds the secondary set of electronics and a battery which can be developed according to user needs

Is it just me or does anyone think that puzzlephone is more visually appealing than ara!

Quote Originally Posted by sherlyn View Post
    Is it just me or does anyone think that puzzlephone is more visually appealing than ara!
    I agree with you, it is more visually appealing than ara

Yes, I do agree with you. It's bit more enchanting than ara for sure.

3. The Heart

True that technology reaching it's peak

It's an user's dream where they can customize the hardware as easily as a software

You are right. I do like puzzlephone better than ara. It looks

I too agree with everyone, definitely puzzlephone looks better than ara.

The repairable part is the one which attracts me more.

Quote Originally Posted by bob View Post
    The repairable part is the one which attracts me more.
    Yes, it is one of the major plus point of the puzzlephone.

Do anyone think that puzzlephone might challenge ara?

I don't think that puzzle phone can challenge project ara because ara is completely customizable compared to puzzlephone.

Quote Originally Posted by riyaz View Post
    Both ara and puzzlephone has their own advantages and disadvantages. But practically speaking ara is better than puzzlephone considering its features.

I personally feel puzzlephone is more reliable compared to ara.

We will have an answer for this only after the release of both the phones.

PuzzlePhone is hoping to tackle the problem of a “broken windshield” by providing not only reusable parts but also ones with longer lifespan.

Very reliable phone with great lifespan and powerful processor.

3. The Heart

Does the Puzzlephone have notification led like many other phones releasing lately?

Quote Originally Posted by Max View Post
    Does the Puzzlephone have notification led like many other phones releasing lately?
    No, Puzzlephone does not have notification LED.

No, Puzzlephone does not have notification LED.
    I'm not much a fan of notification LED. Glad they didn't add it.

I'm not much a fan of notification LED. Glad they didn't add it.
    I agree with you. I hate notification led especially at night times. It bothers me very much.

Quote Originally Posted by johnson View Post
    I agree with you. I hate notification led especially at night times. It bothers me very much.
    According to me, the notification led is a very useful feature.