Thread: PuzzlePhone starts development in Oulu

PuzzlePhone starts development in Oulu

Circular Devices starts developing puzzlephone in Oulu. It is the most populus city in Northern Finland. The company thinks that Oulu is the best suited place to develop the PuzzlePhone, due to its huge pool of talented and skilled professionals with vast experience in the field. The advantages of the Oulu city are not only in the development and testing stages, but also with its extensive manufacturing capabilities and the support local government authorities give to new initiatives.

Alejandro Santacreu, CEO of Circular Devices said, "Extending the PuzzlePhone Compatible Open Standard and adding our Oulu partners resources and skills have created a powerful and strong connection that will result in a more solid development and business structure for the PuzzlePhone and for the forthcoming PuzzlePhone Compatible Open Standard”

Interesting thing that Vsenn (modular phone, which was suspended this summer) team was based in Oulu as well. On June 19, 2015 they mentioned in Twitter that Vsenn is licensing its technology to another brand. May be this "another brand" is Puzzlephone? What do you think?

Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    Interesting thing that Vsenn (modular phone, which was suspended this summer) team was based in Oulu as well. On June 19, 2015 they mentioned in Twitter that Vsenn is licensing its technology to another brand. May be this "another brand" is Puzzlephone? What do you think?
    Unfortunately due to financial pressure, they suspended it. But like you said, they also based in Oulu. I also think that may be the unknown brand is PuzzlePhone.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    I've contacted representative of Circular Devices, he told me that PuzzlePhone has no relation with Vsenn.

It happens that Oulu is a major tech hub in Finland with a huge amount of talent and facilities related with high tech and the Nokia past. Some of partners of Circular Devices are based in Oulu and, specifically, manufacturing, engineering and testing and measuring capacities for certification are in Oulu already and working.

You can expect a lot of new initiatives coming from Oulu.

Quote Originally Posted by MF Admin View Post
    I've contacted representative of Circular Devices, he told me that PuzzlePhone has no relation with Vsenn.

It happens that Oulu is a major tech hub in Finland with a huge amount of talent and facilities related with high tech and the Nokia past. Some of partners of Circular Devices are based in Oulu and, specifically, manufacturing, engineering and testing and measuring capacities for certification are in Oulu already and working.

You can expect a lot of new initiatives coming from Oulu.
    Thanks for the clarification. Oulu has evolved into a major high-tech centre, particularly in IT and wellness technology. Like you said, we can expect a lot of new initiatives.