Thread: The first truly modular smartphone case from Nexpaq

The first truly modular smartphone case from Nexpaq

As the title says, Nexpaq came up with best looking smartphone cases for modular phones. Check out the pictures and all other details of the case here.

Quote Originally Posted by bob View Post
    As the title says, Nexpaq came up with best looking smartphone cases for modular phones. Check out the pictures and all other details of the case here.
    absolutely second that. someone has already started a developers thread on xda-developers which will hopefully lead to a vivid discussion and attract module developers more sooner than later.

i'm totally convinced that this will be a game changer, especially if the developer community jumps on this train. somehow i get a feeling that this could even become a runaway train with much farther reach than even enthusiasts like ourselves can think. let's see :-)
    Will cross-platform & cross-device modular hardware open an entirely new chapter in mobile computing & then, which technology will prevail ?

N7100
    CM11 _ Xposed

One+ 1 64GB Black
    BlissPop _ Boeffla Kernel _ Xposed

Nexus 5 32GB Black
    BlissPop _ ElementalX _ Xposed
    Cataclysm _ ElementalX _ Xposed

2x I9100 Black & White _ CM11 _ Xposed

Quote Originally Posted by philopek View Post
    absolutely second that. someone has already started a developers thread on xda-developers which will hopefully lead to a vivid discussion and attract module developers more sooner than later.

i'm totally convinced that this will be a game changer, especially if the developer community jumps on this train. somehow i get a feeling that this could even become a runaway train with much farther reach than even enthusiasts like ourselves can think. let's see :-)

Yes you are right. Let's hope for the best

I really like this case. The price is also very reasonable. Waiting to get one for myself.

Quote Originally Posted by sanjay View Post
    I really like this case. The price is also very reasonable. Waiting to get one for myself.
    you can pre-oder the case and modules from nexpaq shop

Quote Originally Posted by anderson View Post
    you can pre-oder the case and modules from nexpaq shop
    thanks for sending the link

Now i don't have to worry about the power since MODR takes care of it using the external battery pack

Quote Originally Posted by sherlyn View Post
    Now i don't have to worry about the power since MODR takes care of it using the external battery pack
    yeah, the external battery pack is a very useful module.

One of my friend has bought this case for his iPhone 6. It really looks cool and I was amazed by it's features.

Quote Originally Posted by techgeek View Post
    One of my friend has bought this case for his iPhone 6. It really looks cool and I was amazed by it's features.
    What about the weight of the case?

Quote Originally Posted by riyaz View Post
    What about the weight of the case?
    Some people might feel that the cases are too bulky, but the added functionality is a great benefit that will outshine the weight of the case.

Quote Originally Posted by bob View Post
    Some people might feel that the cases are too bulky, but the added functionality is a great benefit that will outshine the weight of the case.
    I agree with that. We don't have to worry about the weight much since the case offers excellent features.

The case is little bit bulky but it is acceptable considering it's features

Does this case is available for Samsung galaxy note 5?

No, it's not available for note 5. At present the case is available only for iPhone 6, iPhone 6+, Samsung Galaxy S5, Samsung Galaxy S6, Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge, OnePlus One and Samsung Galaxy Note 4.

No, it's not available for note 5. At present the case is available only for iPhone 6, iPhone 6+, Samsung Galaxy S5, Samsung Galaxy S6, Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge, OnePlus One and Samsung Galaxy Note 4.
    I will be happy if the case is available for LG G4. Great case loaded with lot of features.

Quote Originally Posted by chris View Post
    I will be happy if the case is available for LG G4. Great case loaded with lot of features.
    May be you can expect it on G5.

May be you can expect it on G5.
    Yes, the chances are very less for G4 but like you said we can expect it for G5.

It's still in a Pre-Order status! when they planned to release the product?

It's still in a Pre-Order status! when they planned to release the product?
    They are not sure about that. Below is the update posted by nexpaq few weeks before.

Dear all,

Just to build on previous messages.

Our tooling manufacturer has informed us that they are nearly going out of business. Whether this is actually the case or not, who knows. It may just be them saying "your project is too intense for our team."
    If you have ever tried to manufacture a product in parts of the world where many products are manufactured, you'll find that often times you run into unexpected issues that are, quite frankly, baffling, for example "Why didn't you inform us of this problem earlier?" kind of situations.

Having said that, there are a handful of "things" that need to be corrected on our molds. The deadline is tomorrow for them to be fixed by the current manufacturer, and if they are not able to do it we have already lined up new ones, who we've extensively screened. The question is, will the new guys be able to fix the mistakes from the previous guys, or will they want to make new molds?
    The answer to this question will decide how many weeks we are delayed.

The upside to all of this is we've made some great progress on our app and this has given us time to work on the UI/UX. We'll ask your feedback to make it a truly next-level experience... We are aiming to build an entire ecosystem after all. You can also expect a new website coming from us shortly as well.

Last note: We recognize that its been AGES since our update, reason being that we always felt like we were sooo close to having that next big progress update, and we would hold off to confirm. Problem is, there has always been some last minute wrench in the plan that has prevented us from doing so, and we are as worn out from shipping out less than stellar news as you guys are to get receive it. Regardless, we recognize that it's time to share our journey with everyone, the big picture since day 1, and we are crafting that as a team now.

Thank you for your support

They are not sure about that. Below is the update posted by nexpaq few weeks before.
    They took a too long time to put out an update. I understand there are set backs but 5 months is far too long.

They took a too long time to put out an update. I understand there are set backs but 5 months is far too long.
    Yes, I feel the same. They really took a long time which backfires the project.

Below is their recent update

Dear Backers

Many of you read the updates we published two weeks ago.

We mentioned there, we met issues with our main plastics mold factories for the past 4 weeks.

We are now coming back to you to announce that further progress has been made. Our manufacturing partner has trial assembled some cases with good results however suggest on further improvements. The iPhone 6 cases use an ultrasonic welding process (think, vibrating plastics to bond them together into a fused unibody design). Getting this right is important not just for aesthetic reasons but to ensure the plastics do not separate if ever one of you guys really enjoys twisting or bending our products. To make us more twist proof, we have gone back to the plastics and tooling supplier to increase the height of the weld lines and add some additional weld lines.

The Samsung S6 and S6 Edge cases use a different design approach and don’t rely on ultrasonic welding. Indeed, the case is held together with two small screws.
    Our other plastics supplier has done first runs on the batpaq cases and the results are looking really good. We have also been trialing our painting of the cases and the results are great. We’ve actually had to make many more moulding tools to hold the various case plastic parts together as they are painted !

It should be noted that many of the recent iPhone 6 phonepaq plastics had issues with plastic buildup under some module retaining pins. This has been corrected.

Stay tuned for more manufacturing updates.

The nexpaq team

Seems they are lagging with the first product way too long.

Seems many of the backers are asking for refund due to the delay.

Seems many of the backers are asking for refund due to the delay.
    Most of the iphone 6 users are asking for refund as they no longer using it.

What is the status of batpaq deliveries?

Quote Originally Posted by alankilpatrick View Post
    What is the status of batpaq deliveries?
    Seems only few of them received batpaq.